Monday, November 1, 2004

Validity

I used to put my self worth against how "successful" and organized I was and how much people needed me and couldn't succeed without me; in my office management, or teacher, or secretarial jobs. Not in my wife and mom job.
This year that will change. Mostly because of something mom said to me..."Being a mom is the most important job there could be. It’s what I’ve always wished for you" I realized I didn't think that before because growing up we focused on me developing a career, not a family, because of the assumption that I wouldn't have kids. So, consequently having kids made me feel like I wasn't doing things right, or doing enough. But I am suddenly proud of myself for doing what I do. My contribution to society will be my well adjusted.... hopefully, kind, polite, children. And that will make the world a better place, much more so than my filing and organizing an office.
I am happywith my mommy status, and I haven't been able to say that without reservation before.
November 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment