Thursday, December 15, 2005

Taking a Stand on Holiday Stress

Women feel that they have to do everything!! - and that everybody would just as soon dump everything on them...and woe is me!! Not so. You can say no. AND you can distribute tasks. When you're spread too thin, then you, and consequently eveyrone around you suffers; doing less is good for your sanity and good for your own family.
Some women bring it all on themselves, to honestly, feel important. Wanting attention, you know, because their SO bogged down, with all their awful blessings! Sounds like a little envy preemption to me. Taking too much time trying to impress instead of taking care of what's important.
Confession: I have been guilty of this in the past.
I had to let a lot of things go this year; baking, scrapbooked or other homemade gifts, decorating, dinner parties, holiday outings, etc because I have a 14 month old who needs me and a 48 hour a week job and my husband and son's need my attention more than I need to get these unessicary extra things done. And it's okay. We may not get a tree up till New Years, but hey, my baby is not neglected. Yea me! This is a blessing that I will acknowledge, and not "loathe."

No comments:

Post a Comment