Saturday, February 25, 2006

Script for Teenage Trouble


Saving your teenager from themselves; Self Destructive behavior is something kids don't see as harmful, either to their morals, their health, or their well-being in general/ here is a conversation I found that offers some good explaination to your kids as why we do what we do to protect them:
"You're my son/daughter, and I love you. I want you to love me, but that's secondary to my job as your parent, which is to get you through these years without hurting yourself. Don't underestimate my resolve. If you think for a second that I'm willing to believe "Everybody's doing it" and let you pursue this behaviour, you're wrong. I want you to have fun, freedom and the opprtunity to find youself, but I'm setting up narrow boundries and tall fences to contain you until you prove you won't violate these privileges. You can like me or not-my job is to do for you what you're not doing for yourself. I will never accept these self-descructive behaviours, so let's make a plan we can both be excited about."

No comments:

Post a Comment