Saturday, April 4, 2009

HEARTBREAKING!!


I was looking though mormonmommyblogs and found some adoption/foster care ones that were very helpful and informative but this just broke my heart. It's a list of kids available and looking for adoptive families. I just couldn't help but look at each one and wonder how their lives would be if no one adopted them. And how awful their lives have to be to be placed in foster homes and taken from a bad situation. And let me tell you it has to be REALLY bad before DCFS will consider removing a child from their natural parents and families. And thinking about their plights, and the fact that they aren't accepted and loved like they should be, and that they are hurting, and sad and maybe feeling hopeless and abandoned. And then I wanted to adopt them all! I know, reality dictates so much to me, and it's painful to realize that I'm in no position right now to be able to help. Taking on a teenager requires time and money that I don't have. Taking on a smaller child takes time from Cameron and Nathan that I already have so little of. Oh, and one requires SPACE for adopting a child, which I don't have. My living situation is not condusive to this at all....
UGH.
My mother in law, Carol, did foster care for newborns awaiting placement to their adoptive families (while paperwork and red tape was being completed.) This was inspiring that she did this, and definitely doable for someone who can stay at home, and not have to work. But that's not for me right now. I could help a child who's in school, and I think I'd be a great candidate to help an older child.
This is heartbreaking, touching, thought provoking, gut wrenching but please take the time to pass this link on if you or anyone you know is thinking about adopting or foster care. I know it is the hardest thing anyone would do in their lives, and the most rewarding and joyous thing anyone can do. After all, that's what parenting is right?
I will be looking into the process anyway, maybe I can help more than I'm giving myself credit for.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog- I love this post, because my heart always wants me to take in more kids. My patience, home size, and traveling husband are the realities that tell me I barely handle the 3 boys I have already!

    I hope taking care of them is enough, and that all those poor kids out there that need a hoe will someday find one!

    ReplyDelete