Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Scottish Festival

The Scottish Festival was held at Thanksgiving Point this weekend. We love the Highland Games, the bagpipes that never shut up, the food, the kilts :), the fun!

But first we had some time to kill before the gates opened so we went over to the petting zoo. Cameron rode his first horse, it was quite exciting going round and round like that. Wow.:



Then he went to jail:



Between that, the Turkey's, Horses, Cows, Goats, Emperor Kuzco and the other animals, we had a great time. But now on to the main event:



I thought the guy in the baseball hat was cute.

My brother Dave plays the bagpipes, well, he's working towards it, you have to start with a smaller version before you move on to the pipes, and before you can usually afford them.
His instructor was at the fair (of course!)

We watched the Barrel Toss, the Atlas Stone lifts etc. They were tossing candy to the audience every once in awhile so Cameron was happy:


Oh, okay, it was the new wooden swords that kept Cameron happy.

I don't think I will EVER tell Nathan he has a certain amount of money to spend in any of the shops....He took FOREVER deciding what he wanted. Next time I'll decide for him. He ran into some friends from school there too, that was fun for him.


Here is Nathan's Choice.....
And of course the most important thing about the Festival is......


the TURKEY LEGS!! And the meat pies....and the corn on the cob....and the homemade ice cream.....the popcorn.....wait. Those last three are at most festivals.... Anyway, we had a great time!

5 comments:

  1. you guys got to come here in the fall-our local university's mascot is the highlanders. so they have highlander festival every fall and we hear it's a blast! we didn't get to go last year but i can't wiat for it this year!! so glad you had fun! and the boys are looking so grown up!! love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! email me at arius.godfrey@gmail.com and I will send you whatever extra coupons I have. There are some weeks that I have like 20 copies so I can spare some..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! I love bagpipes! It must be the little bit of Scottish in me : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why didn't you let us know you were coming down? Thanksgiving point is about 10 minutes from us. It looks like you all had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You have some grown up boys! I love Nathan's hair. Looks like a great time.

    We should get out more.

    ReplyDelete