Sunday, April 2, 2006

The Toddler

It's all about growing independence and strong will; still padded in rosy baby fat and sweetened with love and kisses.
A perpetual mystery of toddlerhood is the fact that when I look at the clock ready to leave the house, it's 8:35, and then when I look at the clock again in the car before I pull away, it's 8:56; I suspect Cameron has something to do with time warping.
Cameron runs everywhere on his happy baby legs. He jumps up and down for no reason, like a joyful little spring that still supposes he should hold onto the floor with one toe.
Why does his food plate always end up on his head? And why then, do I laugh, and kind of wait to watch it happen....again.... and not care about the mess? So much for positive reinforcement. Does this mean that I am growing as a mom? I'm learing to let go of controlled perfection?
There is NO controlling this toddler, one can only mildly suggest in the sneakiest most manipulitive way possible. For only with manipulation can you fight manipulation.
And only with bribery can you distract a toddler.

No comments:

Post a Comment