Saturday, July 15, 2006

I gotta new job!

This is new, and unexpected.
I almost didn't go to the interview...I thought it might be nice to see if my skills were still marketable or not. The interview went beautifully, it lasted about an hour, she had all sorts of questions for me, my answers seemed to please her, one after another, she just lit up at after every one. She and I had a great connection, seemed to understand eachother and the struggles at a place like this.
I will be the Non-Clinical Coordinator for a large healthcare facility.
The clinic has offices for 12 FP docs, 2 OBGYN's, 1 Pediatric doc and mulitple part time specilaists, an after hours Instacare, an Urgent Kids Care, Lab and Radiological Services, and a Pharmacy.
I'll be incharge of hiring, training and managing the front desk/billing/Medical Records and Call Center clinic staff. I'm the liason between the doctors and their staffing needs. My other duties will be payroll and doc schedules. all of the reception, dictation, billing, coding, patient needs... About 40 employees are "mine". Also, I'll be managing budget reports, supplies ordering, computer support, and presentation of the clinic.
I'm so excited. It's a Monday thru Friday job. 7-3. I'll be home for my 10 year old now nights, weekends, and holidays. The baby will be watched by my neighbor (whom I love) and only for 3 days a week, 5 hours or so, and he'll sleep for 3-4 hours of that.
Hubby will be off two days during the week for the baby, because he works all weekends again. Bless him.
I think life at home will be much less stressful for everyone with me there instead of my swing shift job, when everyone else is home. Working nights and weekends kept me home with the baby, but everyone else never saw me and it got crazy.
It's funny, your best intentions don't always work out like you'd hope. Turns out my 10 year old needs me more that I thought. I thought working at nights would solve all our problems. Well, it just created more. MAN!! Live and Learn.
Whoo-hoo! I feel Happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment