Saturday, January 10, 2009

San Diego for Christmas

We took off 5 seconds after my clinic closed on Chritmas Eve for our Christmas Vacation in San Diego!
We drove. Kevin had a sleep study the night before and he packed the van, got the dogs to the boarding kennels and was ready to go, bless his heart by the time I got off work at 1:05pm.


We drove to Nephi, met up with my brother, who drove like a snail. BTW. He had like an hour start and we still caught him! We all ate pizza at the truckstop there, and then made it to St. George at 5pm and ate at Arby's there, then on to Primm, Nevada, two seconds before California for our overnight stay, we were exausted. Cheap rooms! 24.99 or something for a great hotel. I don't recommend eating there and the customer service is BAD, but the rooms are nice.
But the night was young! So Jeff convinced me to join him in a game of Blackjack, yes, my brother and I sitting around the table with strangers, sad, sad, strangers, playing Blackjack on Christmas Eve. Something was very, very wrong with that....I think.
Anyway, we got off the next morning at 9 and got to San Diego at 2ish.

It was Christmas day. My mom was there waiting for us. She had rented a cottage by the beach, cute little place, like 20 yards from the boardwalk. It had 2 bedrooms, kitchen, one bath, washer and dryer, and no parking. She had a Christmas tree all lit up and decorated and Christmas dinner waiting for us!


We had Christmas morning on the 26th so Santa had time to get there, Cameron didn't suspect a thing! Amazing how you can manipulate time with a child who can't read a calendar yet or telling time.
Presents were stored nicely under the floorboards of the Van, thanks Kev!
So...the four of us, my mom, and Jeff. Crammed into this little adorable beach cottage.

Around the 28th my brother Dave and his wife joined us, so now we had 8 people and two rats in a cage, in that small two bedroom one bath place. We all got along quite well! We got groceries and ate "at home" mostly, that save a ton of cash.


Playing Killer Bunnies on New Years Eve

Jeff, Nathan, Cameron and Kevin and Point Loma


Tide Pools at the Aquarium

We had a great time, hung out in the cottage, played games, and toys, and played on the beach of course, and we walked a LOT, thanks to Rachel we were walking 5 miles a day or more. It was really cool. We hit the aquarium, Point Loma, a couple of movies, (Bolt, and Benjamin Button)
We got a TomTom and found our way around easily. The weather was great, mid 60's most of
the time.

More Aquarium fun, look that girls's not even bothering to help....typical.


Kevin and I were lucky enough to have our own bedroom which we only had to share with Cameron a couple of nights so we had some peace and quiet in the "Cottage Of Chaos."

We all had a great time!! Thanks Mom!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a ton of fun. Wish I could have been there.
    Oh. Wait a minute. I was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you had such a good time. It was so good to see you before you left.
    Tell everyone HI.
    Mom
    P.S. Keep blogging

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had fun but I'm still super jealous!

    ReplyDelete