Monday, October 13, 2008

The Good Stuff


Good things??
Kevin bought a 250cc Scooter, see above, this is Kevin driving and my brother Jeff on the back.... and we head out on this thing as often as we can and it's a blast.

Kevin's in school again for just one more year now, so I find myself with a little more time on my hands....hence the blogging.

I had an eye surgery...a lens implant. (a good thing! I can see 20-20 with no contact lens and I can't wait to do the next one!) for those of you who dont know I have/had no lenses in my eyes since they were removed when I was 12. So I'm legally blind with no contacts in, and I have no depth perception consequently. But now I can have the lenses implanted so I am experiencing the miracle of having eyesight 24/7. It's SO COOL! I will get the other eye done in November!

We got to visit Allison in Montana in May, our good friend John came to visit us in April and will be returning in October. I went to Nashville and stayed in this amazing hotel complex for almost a week with my Mom. (Much to the dismay of Kevin...sorry babe) Our good friend CJ is back in touch with us….well me mostly because guys don’t do phones well you know, and it’s nice to have him back though the casualty was his marriage and a never ending divorce and custody battle. Poor guy, and Poor Christopher, his son, caught in the middle. I hate divorce. But I’ve never supported one as whole-heartedly as I do this one. Tells you a little about the mom huh? As the late Bernie Mac used to say, “Nuff Said.”
I love my job, because it's challenging, and I'm needed. My boss is incredible and my team is there for each other.
Kevin and I are great too. We're happy, content to be together every second of the day, and a little sad we can't be all the time. That's a good thing for a marriage of 13.75 years. :)
Nathan's having a great year so far. He's doing well in school and his teachers and counselors are really good to him and good for him.
Cameron is FUN. And healthy, and potty trained and started preschool. He's going to be 4 on Saturday and I'm sad to see him grow up so fast. Each moment with him is filled with joy, wonder, and hilarity.
My mom bought us Lagoon passes so we've been enjoying the "free" entertainment. We're about out of debt....well, except the scooter and the mortgage worth of Student Loans looming over our heads. But that's okay, we'll tackle that next year :)
We're spending tons of time as a family and I've never been more content. How are you??

No comments:

Post a Comment