Monday, August 31, 2009

Wild Time at the Davis County Fair

We had a great time at the Fair! I'd never been to this one before but our friend Megan was the Fair Coordinator so we went to show our support!

It was fun! First thing they had a huge farm animal petting zoo, we got to feed all the animals some grain and Cameron had a lot of fun meeting and learning about the animals....

This Brahma Bull......a breed of Zebu cattle from India - are you impressed with my Google abilities?



A Buffalo, or Bison, or whatever it wants to be on a certain day I suppose....
This poor guy, I felt bad for him, his cage was too small....and his horns were caught....

Long Horn Cattle? It was HUGE! Poor thing; Cameron was trying to help but the beast didn't understand what we were up too.....in my old sales days, the motivational speaker addict in me says, "Big guy, help me, let me. help you. help me. help you.".....


The Goats were ALL over us, climbing out of their cages, pushing their cages down in some instances, and climbing all over each other and being quite rude I must add; to get some food, they acted more like pigs than goats.....the mom in me wanted to put every one of them a time out and talk to them very sternly about taking turns.....

The sheep were quite polite in comparison, they came up to eye level for us to help us feed them...Considerate widdle wammies.....

We got to feed some chickens, they ate from our hands, it was cool! I'd never fed chickens before.

So enough animals, lets wash our hands three times and use lots of sanitizer and paper towels....
NOW On to the human food frenzy! The funnel cakes! The corn dogs! The ice cream! The cotton Candy! The roasted rotisserie chicken! (sorry the goats got the best of me there)
I mean on to the rest of the fair....there was car racing in the kiddie activity tent....Cameron chose to push, smart boy.....I don't think I could sit in that even at his height and get the thing to move without major calf cramping......


We got a wrist band for Cameron so Unlimited Rides....this kid has no fear! He wanted to go on EVERYTHING, and with limited exceptions, (When mom decided that that thing looks like it could come apart any second, lets redirect) Anyhoo he went 8 times on all the various blow up items and sampled many other rides and was in kiddie heaven....


Here he goes!



Having a Blast I might add.


Then we got to pet alligators! How much better can this place get?!?!?




Nathan and Kevin went off to the Army Booth and did some manly men things; Nathan earned this awesome hat by doing 60, count em folks, 60 sit ups in the 90 degree weather.....



Here we are relaxing at the Rodeo.....I couldn't get good pics of any action there, just us sitting...at least my subject held still....I couldn't get the Bronco's to do that for me. Whatever. I didn't want to blog about them and the cowboys anyway.....cowboys.....

All in all it was Awesome, I got me some fresh veggies at the farmers market; we bought cheep toys and sunglasses and were harassed by only some of the vendors.....we were there two days; I LOVED the fact that it was free entry.....and we.....



Yesssssireee!
Thanks Megan, you did a GREAT job girl!

5 comments:

  1. It sound like you had such a great time. I remember going to a couple of county fairs but they did not have as many fun tings to do.
    Love you all
    Nonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like fun! can't believe how much cameron is looking like nathan!! miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holla! It was such a wild time! CUTE PICTURES! (I'm going to steal some of them!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like alot of fun!!! I couldn't do 60 pushups if my life depended on it...let alone in the heat!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, you'd have to give me much more than a hat to get me to do 60 sit ups in that hot of weather, or cold weather for that matter! :0)
    I love the fair, we just don't go very often. I've been 3 times in 9 years. State Fair-once, Davis County Fair-twice.
    I remember feeling so gross and needing to WASH the kids' hands really well last year. There is nothing like goat spit and animal fur all over. That year a bull got loose and ran towards us. It turned when it saw us all look at it. whew! got our hearts racing.

    ReplyDelete